Sunday, April 5, 2009

ISU banquets


No more banquets at ISU competitions…
I returned a week ago from LA. I had a wonderful time…
It was great to see so many friends. This is the wonderful thing about skating, to be able to stay in contact with your friends that you made in your life-time.
After the events, when we had the awards banquet ,we could get together with the athletes from other nations and start friendships that last a life-time.
I was sorry to see that at Europeans in Helsinki and Worlds in LA they did away with that great tradition. I know they want to save money, but I hope they will reconsider in the future. It leaves the events so unfinished.
I hope the IOC will not follow suit and have no more opening and closing ceremonies at the Olympic Games. What a great loss that would be…!

No comments:

Post a Comment