Saturday, February 28, 2009

attitude towards food

I was thinking the other day, about weight gain. Until 2 years ago I never had a problem with weight and all of a sudden that changed. As they say your metabolism changes as you get older, but what I realized, that my attitude towards food changed.
When I was a kid, food was fuel. Sure there were certain things I liked to eat more than others, but it never was very important to me. Then I realized that changed. I love going out to eat with friends. I do that a lot and I order food even so I am not hungry. Then that became a habit.
When I got gasoline for my car the other day, it hit me like lightning.
The act of getting fuel is more important than driving the car!
I would never stop at a gas station when the fuel gauge is not low. That is how I was about food. I used to forget to eat until I was starving. Now I cannot remember when I was starving last, because I make sure I eat if I need to or not.
Imagine getting gas when the tank is full…
So now I am changing my attitude towards it. It has been 2 days and I already felt feeling hungry twice.
I let you know how am doing in a month!

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought about it that way, but you're absolutely right! The stomach is the body's fuel tank. I think that so many people are overweight because they just eat whatever is put in front of them, without understanding when they're full. I've eaten past the point when I feel full when eating out, especially when the meal is expensive. I would eat it all just because it was so expensive that I didn't want to waste it! I've since stopped doing that, and I feel so much better. I try to stop eating when I'm 80% full, and then give my body time to fully digest. It works!

    ReplyDelete