Sunday, July 3, 2011

I applaud the initiative of this young man.....


One of the hockey players of TEAM MASS 96 took the initiative to help

Pennies in Action by writing a letter to the contacts in his families address book.

Thru his initiative we received so far $ 1710

Some of his team mates followed suit and we got another $ 575

On top of that the team raised another $ 564.05 which brings their total this year to $ 2834.05

I have always said it is our youth that will make sure we succeed. !!!!!!!!

It is time that we start listening more to their voices.

Thanks guys you are amazing……

--------------------------------------------



This is the original letter:


Dear Friends and Family,

This summer I am very fortunate to be able to combine my passion, hockey with my community service project, Pennies In Action.

German Olympic Skater and Olympic Coach Uschi Keszler founded PIA. Uschi is a breast and uterine cancer survivor.

As an elite athlete, Uschi was aware of the power and resiliency of the human body. So when she decided to help find a way to beat cancer, she knew that she could not support something that would destroy the body in order to heal it. Finding out that her surgeon Dr. Brian Czernieck was already in clinical trials of a vaccine that utilizes the patient’s own immune system to fight breast cancer. She knew she had found her first project. This is the only trial of its kind in the world that has shown such promise towards a CURE for cancer.

My hockey team, Mass One Elite will be traveling to Pennsylvania on June 29 - July 3, to play in the Philly AAA International.

There we will present Uschi Keszler and Dr. Czerniecki with the money my teammates and I have risen.

On Aug 7th, we hope to travel to Prague, Czech Republic to play in the Czech Challenge.

I'm very fortunate to be a part of this team and it's commitment in the fight against cancer.

My goal is $2,000.00. I would be very grateful for any contribution you can make.

Please go to

http://www.penniesinaction.org/

Click on donate, at Dr. Czerniecki's research section. After you have made a donation,

Your confirmation page will appear. Please click on "My gift is in honor of" and input

"BLAKE CHAPMAN/TEAM MASS '96".

Have a great summer and see you at the rink!

No comments:

Post a Comment