Saturday, June 20, 2009

Endless flow and the beauty of skating...

It is so wonderful to be involved again in creating beautiful skating.
We have skaters again at the rink who are willing to go beyond the rules and create endless flow.
It is very simple but not easy…
One has to except that the body is the tool and that space is my creation.
When I sit in the snack bar and look out the window , the movement of the skaters has to look as if they are in water. And I have to see a continuous effect on space through their movement.
Through gliding movement and motion we have the opportunity to create the illusion as if gravity is non existent. When a skater achieves that it gives the spectator goose bumps while watching.
As my dad always said:
*Everybody feels emotions
*Some can move their emotions
*Seldom can someone evoke emotions in others through their movement…
That is where it is and always has been at for me to be in love with skating...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment