Saturday, May 9, 2009

ignorance is bliss, but is it ?...

I found lately there is a sense that “ignorance is cultivated and knowledge, experience and accomplishment is minimized”
I had a very smart young student that categorized people so well…
#1. They do not know
#2.They think they know (dangerous category)
#3.They know
#4.They know what to do with what they know
I added the number 5
#5.They have the skill to know precisely when and where to use what they know.
In other words the Masters.

Sadly so in many cases we follow the #2 (they do not know) because they are more likely to say what we want to hear, even though it probably is not based on any sound foundation.
I wonder if that is why Asia is getting more and more ahead of us , since wisdom backed by experience is cherished.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget: Scio ut nescio (my personal #6). Do we really know anything? Wise people say that our perception is limited, and even experience may be misleading. Nevertheless, deep in my heart I'm an existentialist: We can't be sure of anything, but let's pretend there is truth.
    (Oh dear, you're really getting me philosophical!)

    ReplyDelete