Friday, February 26, 2010

WOW what a night of Skating in Vancouver


It was so wonderful for me to watch the Ladies event last night from Vanvouver Olympics.
I was looking forward to this because it marked a big anniversary for me.
Last Olympics in 2006 I watched the ladies finals from my hospital bed after I just had gone thru cancer surgery that morning. I am feeling awesome now and could not believe what a difference in 4 years...
Then watching my former student Brian Orser standing on the boards as coach and mentor of Yu Na Kim and living thru her amazing performance …!!!. It brought back such memories of Calgary 1988… The battle of the Brians…. His disappointment … my aching heart for him ….
Then seeing his triumph 22 years later , back in Canada …His student becoming the Olympic champion with a record breaking and stunning performance… The joy I feel for him is impossible to put into words….
All I can say is WOW…WOW…WOW…WOW…
I know his mom Joanne is smiling in heaven….

1 comment:

  1. Great fight of the US hockey team! What a pity!!! Congratulations to the Canadians!

    ReplyDelete